31
Oct
11

CBS Denver

DENVER (AP) – Xcel Energy officials say they’re considering abandoning a controversial, $180-million power line into the San Luis Valley.

The utility filed a resource plan Monday with the Colorado Public Utilities Commission that predicts growth in electricity demand through 2018 of 292 megawatts, down from its estimate last year of 1,200 megawatts. It proposes filling that demand under short-term contracts with existing resources.

Xcel spokesman Mark Stutz told The Denver Post that if the commission agrees with the utility’s assumptions, Xcel won’t pursue the proposed power line in southern Colorado.

The utility says its plan takes into account factors including forecasts for weak economic growth, reduced energy use because of energy-efficiency measures and use of home solar panels, and uncertainty of incentives for new renewable energy projects.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

View original post

Advertisements

0 Responses to “”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




New York Times

New York times

The French Mistake – courtesy Team Free Will

L to R: Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki and Misha Collins

Supernatural – The French Mistake

Courtesy 59515249@N02/5479075692

NY Newsman

October 2011
M T W T F S S
    Nov »
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  

NY Newsman


%d bloggers like this: